Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 26, 2012

worn out

What a week! Ryland is going to be a week old at 6:59 pm today =] A full week! The majority of his first week has gone fairly well. Zoey adores him. Brenton seems not to be bothered too much by him. He seems to be fitting in very well. Yesterday we made a nice trip to the ER and got admitted to Banner Thunderbird Hospital. I started to notice on Saturday he was looking a little Yellow. Monday his bilirubin was 14.5. At 3am his eyes were yellow. Tuesday afternoon he was at 16.9. He was still ok, but then he got lethargic on me and wasn't crying or eating at all. So I took him in. They did a head scan instead of another heel prick and he was at 16.2. I told the nurse to pass on to the doctor that I highly highly highly suggest we do photo therapy before we leave because I've already been through this with Zoey and they ended up NICU'ing her for almost a full week. I wanted to get this nipped before it got to that. I am SO thankful the doctor agreed. We were taken to the pediatric floor and they did triple photo therapy on him for a solid 12 hours. His bilirubin dropped to 12.6. They pediatrician took him off the lights at that point to see if he would stay stable. He did very well! I do believe his discharged level was 11.2. YAY! He's much more alert and feeding a little better. I'm afraid that I really stressed my self out good because I'm having a little issue with my milk coming in for a solid feeding. I still don't want to use formula, but might have to start supplementing here soon. I did find out that since Monday he went from 8 lbs even to 8.1 which means he is starting to gain his weight back already! Most breast fed babies do not and also ones with jaundice usually take a lot longer because of the sluggishness with feedings.

Random thought.. did you know Picnik is closing it's website!?!?!? WTF?!?!?! I about cried! What awesome free photo editing site am I going to use now??? *Tear*

It's check on baby time and bed time. Night all!



Before 
  When he first got lights
Lights after a feeding
Looking MUCH better

3 comments:

  1. Oh sheesh poor baby! Healthy children are not in the cards for you!! =[
    He is looking so much better though! I love his little faces. He looks like every photo taken of him is causing him to flex every muscle in his body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem so calm writing about this! I would be like, 'OMG by baby! Hospital! Agh!' I guess you've gone through this before though, so that explains it. =)

    If you really want to stick to breastfeeding try Mother's Milk Tea! My sister was having trouble breastfeeding so I bought this for her and with a few hours her boobs were pouring out milk! She would drink it like once a day and it worked wonders! I got it for her from a health food store as well as Bashas! I think a lot of grocery stores carry it. http://www.traditionalmedicinals.com/mothersmilk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are amazing! I totally forgot that I had used feenugreek for a few weeks with Brenton! I'll have to try some of that tea-- yes you made me have a random thought =p

      Delete