The no pacifier thing is killing Brenton. I wonder how long before he stops asking for one.
I'm having my membranes stripped today. I've had like 20 people tell me oh it hurt so bad and it did absolutely nothing for me and blah blah blah. Well thanks for the encouragement douche bags. I know plenty of people who have had it done and it worked. I not so nicely told them that I was about 5cm Monday and have been having good contractions for awhile now. All of the negative Nancie's shut up real quick because they were all dilated 2 or less. That and I mean come on. This isn't a new thing to me. This is my THIRD pregnancy and I've been in the medical field since 2005. I'm not a rookie! I know it's going to hurt. I mean honestly things aren't meant to go in the cervix.
I do have to say I'm excited and very hopeful this will be what jump starts natural labor for me. I was induced with Zoey and Brenton. I've never had real labor pains. I've never had my water break or anything like that. It was always done in the hospital. I think the one thing I worry about is my water breaking in office right after my OB does the procedure, but I did a little reading and there's only a 1% chance of that happening. But then again look at my track record with luck.
Yesterday ended up being a fairly nice day for me. After my bath I decided that I was going to use the gift certificate for a massage at Lavenders Day Spa. They were able to get me in with in an hour. Most massage places make pregnant ladies lay on their side and then flip over in the middle of the massage messing up the relaxation. Not this place. This place was bad ass. They had a huge pillow that had a giant hole for a pregnant belly to go into. It also had a place for boobs which cracked me up! It was so nice to be able to stay comfy the entire time. The LMT I got was so nice and didn't talk the entire massage unless it was asking if it was too much or to little pressure. Thankfully because the last massage I got the LMT was a freakin' chatty Cathy and would not shut up! During this massage I think I slept 98% of the time. I ended up giving $19 tip. That's how awesome it was. I've decided not to go back to Massage Envy and just stick with Lavenders.
Afterwards Bart and I met up for a nice lunch date at Macayos. He filled me in on the daily drama at work and then had to leave because he had to be back in 45 minuets.
When I got home I decided it was going to be a good idea to try to get this baby out of me by shaking it. I put in Dance Central for the kinect. I was able to dance 2 songs and then got tired. I tried a little bit of kinect adventures, but got lazy and played Halo for two hours. I only played that long because I ended up getting lost in one of the stupid buildings and was damn well determined to get out. =]
I went to pick up Brenton around 5. He didn't want to leave daycare so we hung out in his class for 30 minuets. I watched him play with his friends. He ate his snack all cute. And I think I figured out which little jack ass kid is the bitter. I know I just called a kid a jack ass, but when your son STILL has teeth marks in his shoulder it's very hard not to still be pissed about it. The teacher for the most part kept this kid away from Brenton. I thought it was weird at first, but I started putting 2 and 2 together. Hopefully when I drop in today the actions are the same.
Well it's time to get ready for the day. Happy Thursday everyone!
Oh quick picture of the belly pillow!

Ha someone is a cranky pants today.
ReplyDeleteThat belly pillow is awesome!!!!!
And yes, do jump-start labor... but jump start it for Saturday morning. I was thinking you should have him at 1:29pm. If you can't have him on 1/29, why not have him at 1:29? =]
That pillow is so awesome! I would think lying on your side for a massage would be pretty crappy...
ReplyDelete