Total Pageviews
Sunday, November 27, 2011
Olive Garden can now suck it!
Yesterday was a fairly good day. Sara and Ryan came to visit! I had totally forgotten the last time Sara was at the house was before it was actually completed. I gave them a mini tour and they got to see the all three kids rooms finished. We went to the park in Surprise and Sara took a billion pictures of us for our Christmas/Pregnancy pictures <3 She's awesomely amazing! I can't wait to see them! Sweet children of mine did not want to participate in the pictures. At first it was detraction by a fence. Then it was a giant metal turtle and the pond. Then it was just pure boredom. At the end Brenton finally sat down with me and Zoey did too. Then Bart squeaked in and we were able to get awesome ones =]. Zoey decided somewhere after pictures to stick a deflated balloon in her mouth and then throw a fit because Bart called her out on it. I then had to debate if it was worth it to let them actually play at the park after that because she's 4 and old enough to know not to pick things up off the ground and stick them in her mouth. Ew. I guess it's not much better that earlier Brenton was running around licking the turtle, sidewalk, grass, a light pole. Decided to just let the kids play. Zoey promised she was done being bratty. Around 5 we left and went back to the house so I could kick off my damn boots and so we could go get some dinner. Ryan has Celiac disease which means he and Sara eat off a gluten free menu. I had done a little googling and found Olive Garden has gluten free menus. I tried calling ahead to see if we could reserve a table, but they said no. They only take 24 hours notice. Gay. At that time it was a 30 minuet wait. Not too bad. So we waited for Bart to do whatever it was he was doing and we left. By the time we got there it was 45 minuets to an hour wait. Hell no. I am pregnant and long with having a 4 year old and a 20 month old. There was no way. Sara and I brain stormed a little and found that Outback is 6 minuets away, allows call ahead seating, and the wait was only 30 minuets. We drove over there and it only took 10 minuets to be seated! It was awesome! Up until it took about that long to get our drinks and order in. Since being pregnant I absolutely can NOT stand the taste of blood. So when I ordered a burger I asked the lady to make sure it was extra, extra, extra well done. Our food arrived and I ate a few bite of my baked potato and then took a bite of my burger. I about threw up a little. My burger tasted like blood. I looked at it and was like WTF? There was pink. I could of sworn I had said extra well done! We waited and waited and waited for the waitress to come back and when she finally did I was able to show her my burger. I think the manager ended up bringing me another baked potato which at ate while waiting for a new burger. Sara had also gotten a burger and I do believe her's was still mooing a little. She ate most of it like a champ and left the very ram middle on her plate.. which the waitress never commented on. I get a new burger with a 3rd baked tater and was able to eat half the burger before deciding kids were getting edgy and it was time to leave. Bart went to grab the left overs in their boxes as we were leaving and one of the boxes fell right to the floor. As soon as I heard it hit I knew Bart had just killed my finally cooked burger and 3rd uneaten baked potato. I am still devastated. (Not really but I now have something new to tease him about). I don't have any pictures to show for yesterday because in all the excitement of seeing Ryan and Sara I totally left my digital camera laying right here in front of the computer. Oops! As always it is breakfast time and since it is Sunday time to get my newspaper and clip my coupons! Have a lovely day all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lol I sent a complaint to Outback this morning about my burger so hopefully I'll get a free coupon or something. You should do the same.
ReplyDeleteWe had a great time and I can't wait to see you again in just a few short (for me, probably not so much for you) months!
I'm going to run down to the store here and see if by chance their newspapers happen to still have some coupon booklets left in them. =]
I totally just did the Outback thing! I was probably a little more detailed then I should of been, but oh well. There was only PG coupons this week, but better then none!
ReplyDeleteLol good luck! Let me know if you hear anything back.
ReplyDeleteI got a big ol' coupon thing from Fry's too so that was nice. The paper was only 1.50 here so I'll probably just start buying it on Sundays and Wednesdays IF there are coupons in it since there aren't always coupons in the store ones.