Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 16, 2013

How awesome is he?!?

Early this past week I was talking to my mom about my epiphany. I told her about last Sunday's study in church and how it was about prayer and how to strengthen your relationship with God by praying. I mentioned to her that I don't remember how to pray and that I didn't even know where to begin. She told me to start with the Lord's Prayer--see end of previous post--

How awesome is God?!? Let me tell you.. Today's message was continuing on how to pray. Matthew 6: 9-13. If you don't know it google it and you will see that God is awesome.

God knew that I was having a hard time finding my way back to prayer and used my mom who is hundreds of miles away. She didn't remember the exact passage the Lord's Prayer was in. Today we were taught that exact passage my mom was telling me to start with.

How awesome is God that even though I had left his loving arms for so long he patiently waited for me to listen to him and get that smack in the head that I needed. To finally understand that I need him to find my utter and complete happiness. I am so in awe that he is so willing to take me back to his arms. I am so in awe that my husband who has really no religious back ground what so ever seems so willing and open to learn more about God. Bart and I still haven't exactly talked about God and our views, but it just seems so awesome to slowly but surely be getting to the right place with Christ with our family. It's where we should be.

If you believe in the power of prayer I hope that you as a Christian brother or sister will pray for me. Pray that my heart continue to be softened and opened so I can continue on getting back to Jesus and getting back to God.
If you are not yet a brother or sister in Christ I pray for you. I pray that through God's will I can be an example for you that God can change you for the better. It's never an easy road, but being dependent on God is the only way you can get through this life in one piece. I just wish it wouldn't of taken me so long to get that slap in the head I needed.

1 comment: