Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Fear of the unknown

My mom called me this morning to inform me my only living grandpa is in icu. "That's my daddy" is replaying in my mind over and over. I just want to run home and hold my mom. I can not imagine the feelings she must be having. Fear of the unknown. Not knowing what or why. The waiting for news. My heart hurts because she is hurting. 
It's a well known fact that everyone's time on this earth comes to an end eventually. That doesn't make it any less sucky or any less painful. It's a fact of life that the second you're born you're living to die. It's strange but it's true. I'm not ready for my grandpa to go. I know my mom isn't either. It's just not our choice. 
I know that the second my mom tells me she's going out there I'm going too. I'm not going to let my mom face this alone. Yes she will have her mom and brothers but I can't imagine not being there for her. 



-Barb 

No comments:

Post a Comment