Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Date night with Zoey and other random things

On the 22nd of July I had a Hida Scan with CCK challenge. That is a nuclear test that will show if the gallbladder is functioning properly. During my scan the pain I was having in my side got so severe that I started crying and got severe nauseated from the pain. After the scan was over I knew I was headed to the ER. Of course I decided to go eat breakfast with Bart. We found this cute little diner inside of the senior citizen bowling alley. After breakfast I got so sick to my stomach that I had to pull over so I didn't vomit. Drove to the ER and the fun began. The ER doctor actually listened to my history. He decided it was best to keep me over night for observation. I went to the third floor and they sent in the on call GI specialist. I told him my story and he had me call for the results of my Hida Scan. Since it was night time he went home. Later that night the observation doctor came in and told me my gallbladder was running at 36%. He said that normal was above 35%, but with my history of pain along with my age there was a good chance I could have it removed. The next day the GI doctor came to see me again. He and I discussed in detail what really could be going on. I could have a spastic intestine, a bad gallbladder, or IBS. He told me that he could send in a surgeon if I wanted, but he still wanted me to start taking bentil and paxil which could help with the pain if it was a spastic intestine. I told him I would like to try the medication, but still wanted to talk to the surgeon. Shortly after the surgeon, Dr. Canulla, came in. I again gave my history. He pressed on several areas of my abdomen and when he got to the area that was painful he said he really felt like it was gallbladder. He said he could get me in his surgery schedule for Wednesday. I was overfilled with joy. I had my surgery a little after 1 on the 24th. During pre-op I remember the anesthesiologist talking to me and giving me medications in my IV. I remember being told to breath in through a mask and moving the mask up a little. The next thing I remember is someone calling my name. I looked to my left and there was a nurse. Looked to my right and didn't see anything. Looked to my left again and saw the same nurse. Then I realized how much pain I was in and was given morphine. I remember getting up a few times that night to pee and then I remember trying to get a hold of Bart the next day to take me home since I was eating solids with out getting sick to my stomach. I was completely pain free aside from the normal soreness of surgery for almost a week. And then the stable 5 mm kidney stone I've had for months decided to show it's ugly face.
During all this Bart's grandmother on his dad's side was really sick. She ended up passing away right before I was told I was going to get surgery. We all knew it was going to happen, but that's a different blog in itself. We ended up leaving the Tuesday after I had surgery to California for her funeral. Any who, since having my surgery I can not eat any type of foods that have more then 3 grams of fat per serving with out my tummy getting really up set. I sometimes literally cry out of depression because all I want is a big fat burger with bacon and avocado, but I can't have all three of those with out getting sick. Boo. I'm happy I don't have the pain so it's worth it.
While in California for the "viewing" of Bart's grandmother, Bart's mom gave Zoey a backpack full of toys and school supplies. Zoey told me that she wanted to use that backpack for school. Sunday when I dropped her off with her dad I totally forgot the backpack and she made me promise to bring it to her. George told me that I could drop it off after meet the teacher night. Since I had to work late and wasn't able to go to meet the teacher night I asked George if I could spend some time with Zoey. He thankfully said yes. He then told me if I didn't have a pair of skates to get some so I could skate with Zoey. Yesterday I went to goodwill with a $5 off your purchase of  $10 or more coupon. On the way there I told Bart that my luck I'd find a pair for 6.99. And let me tell you I sure did. I found a pair of $160 professional size 8 skates for $6.99!!! Today after work I ran home to eat and then headed over to George's. I met them on the basketball court and got to skate around with Zoey and Liz. We had a blast. We then had the not so bright idea to all three hold on to each other and fly down the hill on the side walk and ate it bad. Zoey and Liz didn't get hurt, but I have 4 bad scraps where I left pieces of me on the side walk. It was nice to be able to co parent with George and spend time together with both girls. Now for some pictures!

 Zoey's a zombie



 Zoey's a pro

 good will coupon!
 Few days after surgery

 getting lung function back
 post surgery dinner and dessert

 my innards
 same day post op
 before surgery silliness


 being taken to pre op

 got admitted 
 just got to hospital 
 cute little motorcycle at diner 
 before the pain flared up
 dark white left gallbladder right intestine
 pancaked
my IV for the Hida hurt

1 comment:

  1. Sheesh, so sorry you're having kidney stones now too! =[
    Is the fat thing just because surgery was so recent or will that be forever?

    Man, your knee! I am so bad at skating, I'd probably look even worse =/

    ReplyDelete