Yesterday I had the lovely first parent teacher conference with Zoey's teacher and George. We were told about the FAME grading scale. F-falls below, A- almost there, M-meets standard, E-exceeds standards. Zoey has nothing but F's and A's. I can't be too upset about this because they grade them now with the same standards that they use at the end of the school year, but I pretty much got a slap in the face because as far as George and I knew Zoey was doing great and had no problems. Nope! She needs the most help with math and sitting still. She also is too stubborn and is constantly messing with her self or others. She is also very immature for her age. That actually shocked me the most because since she started school I for sure have seen a huge difference in her maturity level. Maybe I just expect more from her then everyone else does. Maybe it's the fact that I do not treat her like a baby, but an equal. She's my oldest and I expect her to be the example and to help out when I ask her to. George mentioned to me a few times in the past that they've been doing their homework right before bed. I on the other hand am not an idiot. As soon as she gets home we sit down look in her red folder and start reading, writing, or whatever it is came home in her folder. Mrs. Fortin told us that Zoey is have BAD sensory and speech issues. She does have an appointment coming up with an ENT to be evaluated to have her tonsils removed. I think when this is done it will help her tremendously with speech, but I'm so unsure of how to handle everything else. I have 3 kids and don't have a lot of money so I can't just drop whatever I have left into buying teacher supply stuff like I want to. I'm so frustrated. George and I have another meeting with her teacher next week to go over more in detail regarding her behavior issues. As far as I was told she had been coming home with nothing but green cards. Little did I know she was having a lot of red and blue days. Order is Green, Yellow, Red, Blue. George said Liz went through the exact same thing the first half of school, but the second half completely did an 180. Le sigh.

I love those pictures. Poor baby with the tonsils but I hope it helps. I'm so sorry about this again, such a bummer, but I'm glad you get to have another meeting to talk about it and figure it out. Give her an extra snuggle for me soon please!
ReplyDelete